Liver Transplantation or Hepatic Transplantation involves replacing the damaged liver with a healthy and aptly functioning liver from a donor.
The criteria based on which a donor is decided are:
- If the donor is blood relative, there are more chances that the blood type will be a very good match for the patient
- The donor must belong to the right age group, that is between 18-60; but preferably of the younger age group because there are less health complications as compared to the older people
- The donor has to be in a good health condition and should not be suffering from any of the below mentioned medical conditions:
- Liver diseases such as Hepatitis
- High Blood Pressure
- Long-term infections like Hepatitis C
- Gastrointestinal diseases, Neurological disorders, any blood disorders or autoimmune disorders
- The donor needs to be preferably of approximately of the same height and weight
Top 10 Liver Transplant Doctors in India
In the matter of doctors and surgeons, India has positioned herself in a very appreciable and respected stature. The Liver transplant specialists in India have carved a niche for themselves for their proficiency and talent and Liver Transplant cost in India is affordable. These surgeons are highly successful and patients from all over the globe are flocking to get Liver Transplant done by these specialists.
- Dr. A S Soin - Chief Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant Surgeon at Medanta Liver Institute, Gurgaon
- Dr. Mohammad Rela – Head of the Department for Institute of Liver, Pancreas diseases and Transplantation at Global Hospitals & Health City Group, Chennai
- Dr. Ajitabh Srivastava – Senior Consultant, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, Okhla Road, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Dr. Anand Khakhar – Liver Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgeon, Apollo Hospitals Greams Road in Chennai, Apollo Spectra Hospitals Chembur and Tardeo
- Dr. Giriraj Bora – Senior Consultant Surgeon & Additional Director, Liver Transplantation & Gastro Intestinal Surgery at Artemis Hospitals, Gurgaon
- Prof. (Dr.) Subhash Gupta – Asosicated as the Chairman of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Delhi
- Dr. (Prof.) Sanjay Singh Negi – Director and Senior Consultant of HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. M. Asha Subbalakshmi – Director & HOD of Interventional Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Continental Hospitals – A Gleneagles Facility
- Dr. Dr. Vinay Kumaran – Consultant and Head - Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplant, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
- Dr. Rakesh Rai - Senior Consultant Surgeon who heads the Transplant program at Fortis Hospital, Mumbai
Top 10 Liver Transplant Hospitals in India
Indian hospitals are not only popular for having cutting-edge infrastructure, most advanced equipment and world reputed transplant specialists, but also high success rates in the matter of transplant procedures. Also, the Liver Transplant cost in India is very sensibly priced at 10,000 while the same procedure costs 56,210 in USA and $65,000 in UK.
The top 10 Liver Transplant hospitals in India are:
- Global Hospitals, Chennai
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Medanta – the Medicity, Gurgaon
- Columbia Asia Hospital, Bangalore
- Yashoda Hospital, Hyderabad
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Max Healthcare, Delhi
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- fortis Hospital, Bangalore
Why you should opt for us?
If you have been recommended to undergo a Liver Transplant and you are planning to get it done in India, then India Organ Transplant is there to assist you in every possible way. We are equipped to handle all your requirements that are associated to the medical tour. We take care of:
- Timely medical visa, lodging arrangements, food related requirements, etc.
- Language difficulties
- Ensure that Liver Transplant cost in India is found most reasonable
- No worries related to the surgical hands as we plan your surgeries done by the best Liver Transplant surgeons
- Best and internationally reputed hospitals are empanelled with us
- The patients do not have go through lengthy waiting periods
Liver Transplant in India Success Rate
Undoubtedly, Liver Transplant is a very major surgery and like any other procedure there is a minimum amount of risks involved. However, in India, with the advancements in surgical technology as well as the adeptness of the Indian surgical hands, the success rate of Liver Transplant is excellent and highly commendable. More than 90 percent of the transplant procedures done in Indian hospitals are a huge success and thus the success are soaring higher with every passing year. This is boosting India’s position in the medical tourism industry as well as enhancing the relations between India and many other countries.
Get Free Consultation at India Organ Transplant for Affordable Cost of Liver Transplant in India at Top 10 Liver Transplant Hospitals. Contact us at +91 9765025331 or email@example.com to schedule appointment with best liver transplant surgeons in India and know the liver transplant in India success rate